Centro Selva 2016 : JUNE

JUNE 2016
We are having the visit of the textile artists : Anna Möller,  Hans Nirsted,Math , Andersson Alexandra Friada Maria Linnea Peterson  from  Konstfack – University College of Arts, Crafts and Design, Stockholm,Sweden.  Welcome!  



Anna Möller
”Kombucha Project”
Kombucha was first brewed in China 220 BC and is a symbiosis of bacteria and yeasts that ferments in tea. Kombucha is a carbonated drink which is filled with vitamins, bacteria and antioxidants. In my work, I have extracted fibers from the kombucha by dehydrate the organism which then turns into a leather like material. 100% organic. How can we produce, repair and recycle materials in the future? Technique: Growing my own fabric. Natural dye with tea and black beans.

 
Mathias Nirstedt



ALLEXANDRA ANDERSSON
"This project was a discovery of structures, in which I repeatedly followed the
materials’ lead. I was inspired by the aesthetics of an archive, the melancholy
that lies beneath stored belongings and hidden memories. The wall-hung
installation is a remembrance of a pile: stacked folders, albums and preserved notes."

Friada Maria Linnea Peterson
"Muddle, In my latest projekt, I have tried to move the illustrations and the textiles out from the flat surface and work sculptural. I have focused on the structure, the color, the building and the making more than the illustration. I let the illustrated parts make a new surface and a new pattern. The muddle is inspired by an archive and I have worked with words like vivid, crowded and overwhelming."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resident Artist Annika Kappner, Latent Colours of the Future Mind II Performance Lecture

Artists in Residence December Toño nuñez and Rocío Rendón Castañeda

Centro Selva Arte y Ciencia group artist in residence 2018